After years of following designers and homeowners twice a year for ORC, I have decided to join the fun as a guest participant. It’s a fun way to keep the motivation going and stay focused on one project. A LOT of participants take on huge makeovers. (Think kitchen and bathroom renovations) I’m starting small this year, but I am super excited to refresh my office.
She is a beaut, with fully paneled walls and lovely diamond pane windows. There is so much potential here, it makes me giddy.
Things I am hoping to accomplish:
- create a plan, including color and finish theme
- a new desk, hopefully via auction or thrifting.
- comfortable seating, at the desk and for guests
- a rug
- hang art
- add lighting, including a chandelier (and maybe sconces?)
- introduce color without painting the paneling. I am not ready to do that yet.
- Hide electric. This room has plenty of outlets for office needs, but they are aren’t subtle
- Address the window/light needs. Currently, the windows have heavy wooden blinds, which work well, but feel to heavy for me.
This is a handsome and masculine room. But it’s *my* office… So my goal is to add some feminine touches while keeping all of the elements that make it such a special place.
Every week I will post updates on my progress. Watch this space or follow me on the gram glimpses of the Library’s New Look.
2 thoughts on “One Room Challenge Fall 2019”
Oh, I am doing my office, too! Solidarity! That is an amazing room… very British library at Oxford. I can’t wait to see what you do with it!